Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Paint Chips to Flash Cards


This is a super simple and free idea to do for your kiddos.  Our oldest is really into learning colors right now, while our youngest is really into eating and destroying anything he can get his hands on.  This becomes a problem when we start going through multiple sets of cardboard or paper flashcards that you can find at a store.  I can't even tell you how many sets have been slobbered on into no recognition.


I picked up some paint chips the last time we were at Home Depot (home away from home).


Then, I wrote out the colors with a black sharpie and doodled a quick fruit picture to relate to the color.


Punched holes in the top, and secured them with a shower curtain ring.


Done & done!  Free, easy, & educational.

Soon enough we can start teaching her more colors.  I'm thinking: chartreuse (yellow-green), azure (light, clear blue), amaranth (purplish-grey), puce (brownish-purple), or sienna (yellowish-brown when raw, reddish brown when burnt). 

Even if you're using paint chips to pick a paint color for a wall, that's super exciting! But there are a ton of uses for paint chips, I'm sure of it.  Have you done anything using them lately? 

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)