Thursday, March 14, 2013

New Spring Mantels

I updated our mantel in the kitchen with some more spring and Easter decorations.  I showed you the bunny banner a couple days ago.  I also added two hand painted pieces of shale that I made last year, a vase with some moss, a spray painted jar with paper flowers, & a small, live potted plant with a shamrock banner connecting them.




I was able to find things around the house and in my Spring decorating bin to complete this project for free.


On the other side of this fire place is our living room and a small banner that has been up since my mom's birthday.  It has stayed up because 11 days after my mom's birthday.... is MY birthday, St. Patrick's Day! 
I also added two more spray painted, re-purposed jars with more twine to hold flowers on each side.


Any mantel updates going on in your home?  How about birthdays?  There has been (and will be) so much cake eating going on around here!  Remind me to post a few times about running in the coming months ;)

I'm taking Friday off (and the usual weekend) to celebrate my birthday with family and friends! I'll be back Monday with another post for you!

-Janice


2 comments:

  1. I have a question more than a comment....how did you hide all your cable wires behind your television??? Love your blog by the way. I enjoy your bathroom remodel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by! In order to hide the wires for the tv, we actually had to go through the walls (cut small holes in the dry wall to fish the cable through). Before moving in, there were no outlets above the fireplace so we had to install an outlet, too. It definitely wasn't a quick or easy solution but it was well worth it in the end. If you want more details, let me know!

      Delete

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)