Tuesday, September 24, 2013

2013 Fall Mantles

I have not one fall mantle, but two for you today!  Although one is basically how I like to decorate a mantle that has a giant TV hung above it leaving just a few inches on either side to add a touch of fall.

I was so inspired by Ella Claire's Autumn Sign that I knew I wanted to make that the center of my Fall mantle in the kitchen.  It seems perfect for our area since Lynd Fruit Farm is practically just around the corner and all of those things couldn't scream Fall more than that!

Besides the DIY Chalkboard, my favorite part of this mantle is the giant burlap leaves.  I found this garland at Hobby Lobby and when I saw it, I so badly wanted to make it myself.  This could definitely be a do it yourself kinda garland, but I was realistic and knew that by the time I got around to making it, there would be snow flying.


I struggled figuring out how I would hang the garland but finally realized that I need to find my stocking holders from Christmas time!




Whenever I can, I love brining the outdoors inside.  Not only is a very cheap (...free!) decoration, it brings such a touch of nature.

Another free decoration I love to utilize, are paint chips!  A simple "Welcome Fall" saying held up with mini clothes pins brings just a small touch of Autumn without overdoing it. (Is there really such a thing?)


Have you started or finished putting up your fall decorations?  Do you go all out? or do you like just small touches that bring a little bit of the out door beauty inside?

Janice



I linked up to these fabulous parties: Thrifty Decor Chick
                                                       
                                                          Clean and Scentsible

2 comments:

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)