Thursday, July 18, 2013

Garage Entrance Door Update

I recently decided to something bold and daring.  But, it faces into the garage so it doesn't really give me too many points.  Our garage entrance into the kitchen hadn't been touched in all of the garage updating & organizing.  This door is notoriously the most filthy no matter what.  There were always shoe scuffs and dirty little finger marks.  So, I painted it BLACK!


Here's the before and after:



I used a pre-mixed black paint from Home Depot called Rust-oleum Painter's Touch.  It is meant to stick to metal (among many other surface types) which worked out great! 


I used my silhouette machine to make a vinyl "Home Sweet Home" sign.  I also taped off some stripes on the steps and used extra paint from previous projects to spice it up a bit.

I feel like it looks a million times better and will hide all the scuffs perfectly!

Have you painted a door a bold color and loved or hated it?

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)