Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Cleaning: Touching Up Baseboards

Nap time was good to me.  I managed to get both kids down around the same time so I would be able to tackle the baseboards.  There are so many dings and scuffs that it was beginning to drive us crazy.

I gathered my supplies, vacuumed the floors and around the baseboards while the kids were still awake eating breakfast.  Once they went down, I couldn't have opened that can fast enough.  I knew I had a set amount of time for that paint to dry before I had a curious toddler and newly (sorta kinda scooting) mobil baby discovering what white paint looked like everywhere.



We have to vacuum every.single.day. otherwise the dog hair begins to take over the house.  Because of this sad truth, our baseboards look terrible from all of the times I'm just a "crazy woman driver" or when I'm in too much of a hurry and ram the vacuum right into the wall.  Daily.

 Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

And C:

They look pretty unsightly, but they looked so much worse in person, I promise.  Regardless, they're all fixed up now!  I was even able to touch up the stairway from where Bryan worked on the caulk.  Every time I fix up our baseboards, it makes me so happy and in reality, it does not take that much time.  Just one of those things.

Any other nagging projects getting crossed off your list?

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)