Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Homemade Baby Food

We had wild caught sockeye salmon, sugar snap peas, & sweet potatoes for dinner.  It's one of our favorite meals and our little girl loves all of it.  I've never seen a toddler eat like she does.  Our baby boy was running low on his frozen baby food I made a few weeks ago so I was sure to make a little extra of everything to make him a small batch of food, too.  It's super simple to do.  I have a Cuisinart Mini Food Processor that I use all the time.  It's especially good for baby food.



I started with the cooked sugar snap peas, chopped them up and added water to make it a smoother consistency.  


Then I worked on the salmon.  Doing the same thing and adding a little bit of water as necessary. (It looked pretty terrible once it was turned to mush).


 I nuked a sweet potato for about 4 minutes until it was soft, waited for it to cool a little, and pureed that, too.


Once I got everything prepped, I scooped it all into a mini muffin pan.  I simply layered the sweet potato on top of the salmon and left the sugar snap peas as their own veggie.

Slide the tray into the freezer for about 2 hours and I was able to pop them out pretty easily with a spoon.


I store these in a container in the freezer and whenever it's time for a meal, I am able to grab a mini muffin shaped meal and microwave it for 30 seconds in a little dish then I usually add rice or oatmeal, too.  Since they are all portioned out perfectly, I'm able to rotate the veggies, fruits, & proteins very easily.


When we're traveling I like to use pouches which are easy to feed and throw away.

Do you have any tricks to making homemade baby food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)