I have so much to share with you today PLUS a giveaway for $155 Amazon Gift Card. So be sure to stick around all the way until the end to find the entries for your chances to win!
So let's get to my Silhouette project, first!
I have this obsession for collecting empty jars from spaghetti sauce, sauerkraut, salsa, you name it! Not often, but every once in a while, I come up with a use for these jars collecting in the bottom of my craft closet. I used silver spray paint to give all of my clear jars a coat of color and left my perrier sparkling water bottles green.
Once dry, I simply cut out different sized numbers out of Silhouette Vinyl with my "magical machine" to turn ordinary glass jars into an Advent Calendar!
Each day, the kiddos are so excited to find what I was able to tuck inside each jar. My little monsters are still young (three and a half & one and a half) so I basically just replaced one of their special "snacks" they may receive during the day and plopped it into a jar. I'm not against candy, but even one piece of candy for the next 25 days adds up...
Some ideas for Advent treats to stuff inside (that's not chocolate):
- Mini Raisin Boxes
- Granola Bars
- Baby Food Pouches
- Fruit Snacks
- Yogurt Covered Dried Fruit Snacks
- Clif Kid Fruit Rope
- Annie's Bunny Graham Friends
- or any other single-serve snack!
For the days that are "flower vases" I like to do a larger surprise that I keep on hand like a oatmeal raisin cookie or let them have their favorite lunch.
So far, it has been a lot of fun and definitely a statement piece in our kitchen that makes me smile because I finally found a unique use for my recycled jars!
If you're looking for more creative Silhouette projects (and I know that you are!), check out these amazing ideas below in this beautiful collage for your convenience. Be sure to leave them some comment love and have fun discovering some new (to you) blogs!
- 2013 Snowman Christmas Card by Please Excuse My Craftermath...
- Christmas Hoop Art by Lil' Mrs. Tori
- Silhouette Nativity Advent Candle Box by One Tough Mother
- Christmas Party Photo Booth Props by unOriginal Mom
- Another Stenciled Tea Towel by Cutesy Crafts
- Silhouette Gift Tags by Rain on a Tin Roof
- Snowflake Pin / Ornament by Coley's Corner
- State Sign Couple Gift by It Happens in a Blink
- Mason Jar Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Merry Christmas Wall Decor by One Artsy Mama
- Deer Head Holiday Banner...featuring Santa's Reindeer by The Thinking Closet
- Restore your UGGS (with PAINT) by From Wine to Whine
- Monogrammed Snowflake Ornaments by Architecture of a Mom
- Christmas Countdown Sign by The Girl Creative
- Elf Chalk Sign: "The Best Way to Spread Christmas" by Weekend Craft
- Glittery Christmas Subway Art by The Turquoise Home
- Sketch Pen Labels by Sowdering About in Seattle
- Snowflake NOEL Sign by My Favorite Finds
- DIY Holiday Hostess Gift by Everyday Paper
- Folding Nativity Backdrop by Chicken Scratch NY
- Recycled Glass Jar Advent Calendar by Nearly Handmade
- Reindeer Card: Double-Sided Print & Cut by GetSilvered
- Personalized Block Ornament by Suburble
- Paper Medallion Christmas Tree by Create & Babble
- Mini Mid-Century Homes by Tried & True
- Glitter and Vinyl Minecraft Christmas Ornament by A Tossed Salad Life
- DIY Countdown to Christmas Refrigerator Style by My Paper Craze
- Reversible Recipe Holder/Block Frame by The Sensory Emporium
- DIY: Lettered Christmas Pillows by The House on Hillbrook
- Simply Charming Christmas Ornaments by Life After Laundry
- No Glitter was Worn by GiveMeAPaintbrush
- Make Easy Ornaments from Paper Circles by Bringing Creativity to Life
- Cutting Machine Embroidery Applique by Terri Johnson Creates
- "Believe" Christmas Banner by Daily Dwelling
- DIY Christmas Nativity Card by Pitter and Glink
Are you still with me after all of that information? I sure hope so because we have a great giveaway for you! Starting today, December 9th, until December 16th, we are hosting a giveaway for a $155 Amazon Gift Card! Yup! $155 that you could spend toward a Silhouette machine of your very own or even some fancy new supplies. Just in time for Santa to deliver a little special something... just for you!
A few details:
- Giveaway runs from Monday, December 9th until Monday, December 16th at 11:59pm EST.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter and this giveaway IS international so everyone can play along!
- You have 31 possible entries so if you complete all of them, so that's a lot of potential winning power!
- The winner will be contacted by Lauren from The Thinking Closet by email and you will have 48 hour to respond.
Good Luck and have a wonderful week!