Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What to do with those Derby Hats

I went to a fabulous Kentucky Derby Party this past weekend hosted by our good friends, Natalie and Craig.  They served Mint Juleps, had more food than anyone could ever possibly consume, and enough laughter to fill their home.  It was a perfect party.

Do you see how amazing Natalie's hat turned out?!  I just love those giant pink flowers as well as the purple and black feathers!  It was tough getting a good shot of us since we couldn't stop laughing.  Those crazy hats were in the way the entire time!  I can only imagining how frustrating some of the hats at the actual derby must have been.  They were some HUGE hats there!



Finally a composed picture of the two of us!


And a shot of all the Derby Girls!


The morning after the party, I was cleaning up a little and I came across my hat sitting on the dining room table.  I didn't necessarily want to put it away but I certainly didn't want to just leave it out.  It finally donned on me to hang it as a wreath on my front door!


What do you think?!  I love it!  I may just have to start making my wreaths out of sun hats because I feel like it just fits so perfectly!

Have you made any other wreaths out of unconventional items?

Janice

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your front door color doesn't photography true to it's color as mine does the same thing. Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)